Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Its Poppy Time!

I think I am not alone to say that most of us were very touched by the incredible display of handmade poppies displayed in the grounds of the Tower of London as a tribute to the fallen of the First World War. And also the effect that it has had on the nations here and abroad.  This one display contributes heavily to our childrens edcuation both in History and humanity.

This whole year has had me thinking about poignant images to reflect this and I have almost completed my little collection of Gelli Prints and the print below is the result of the video which you can view here                                                                                            
This is the first little video clip of I hope many. I enjoyed doing this and this was my first take. I learnt alot from doing it and have welcomed some wonderful professional advice too from a dear friend Corinna who films for a living.  All done using my ipad as the video camera and an easel to prop it up. So only basic equipment but effective.  Alot more to learn though.
Blowing in the Wind

I will post all of the prints on Novemeber 11th after the minutes silence.

This short clip shows how I use the plate to create my little landscapes and has been done to promote my Gelli and Printing workshop next year here at Bandouille. The workshop will be limited to only 6 participants to make sure we all have room and therefore early booking recommended.
Non painting partners welcome!

Also if you love Gelli Printing I have just joined a couple of Facebook pages which look very inspirational and I thank them for adding me to their groups.
Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts and Gelli Printing too

More about gelli printing in older posts

Click here for details of the above workshop and our watercolour workshops and standard holidays here at Bandouille in 2015.  Please note that Keiko Tanabe will be now running two workshops next year - May 31st and August 23rd

Carp fishing holidays also available.

Enquiries and bookings are better than we have ever had and we are looking forward to another busy year next year.  I do have a couple of other things up my sleeve, but nothing is yet confirmed....so you will have to wait

This is it for now...I know you are all amazed how I have managed to keep this short, but will be posting again soon.

Bye for now 
Bx


No comments:

Post a Comment